Integrated Seat Communications System
What is CommandCom?
CommandCom is the latest innovation for fire apparatus communications. It eliminates the headset from the intercom system. It is a Bostrom headrest that fully integrates speakers and a microphone system with advanced Setcom patent-pending Phase Contouring™
technology. It is then connected to a Setcom intercom system. The user
is able to seamlessly communicate with other crew members and over
- Apparatus officer and rear crew member positions where hearing
protection is not required by NFPA or OSHA.
- Seating positions where firefighters are donning PPE before arriving at a scene.
- Advanced Phase Contouring Technology - Setcom-engineered audio
technology prevents feedback that can be caused by an open microphone
near a speaker. With Setcom's Phase Contouring technology, a firefighter
can place the microphone close to the speaker and will not hear any
- Reduced Maintenance Costs - Unlike wired or wireless headsets, the
CommandCom's components are virtually maintenance free. No more
charging batteries. No more broken cables. No more apparatus taken
out of service due to headsets needing repair.
- Occupant Detection - CommandCom is connected to the seat sensor
and will only turn on when the firefighter is seated thus eliminating
extraneous noise in the vehicle when the seat is not occupied.
- Flexible Design - The CommandCom's master control component is
completely interchangeable as a radio transmit or intercom-only position.
- Plug-and-Play Design - Allows for simple retrofitting of fire apparatus.
- Setcom Backward Compatible - CommandCom will integrate with all
existing Setcom System 950 intercom systems.
- Bostrom Backward Compatible - CommandCom headrest will fit on
most existing Bostrom SCBA Firefighter seats.
- Clear Communications - Shielded cabling and high-quality noise
cancelling microphone ensure clear communications.
- Rugged - Designed with tough push-to-talk and volume controls for
demanding apparatus environments.
- Purchase with Confidence - Made in the U.S.A.
- Patent Pending
4-position system. Officer and rear positions use CommandCom. Driver position uses Liberator wireless headset.
As a general rule, CommandCom should only be used in vehicles where the ambient noise level in the cabin is less than 85 dB in normal operation. If higher than 85 dB, vehicle occupants should wear noise reduction headsets. In all cases, the guidelines of OSHA for hearing protection should be followed and understood in depth before implementing CommandCom.
Click for CommandCom flyer (PDF)