Integrated Seat Communications System
What is CommandCom?
CommandCom is the latest innovation for marine vessel communications. It is a Bostrom seat that fully integrates speakers and a microphone system with advanced Setcom patent-pending Phase Contouring™ technology. It is then connected to a Setcom intercom system. The user is able to seamlessly communicate with other crew members and over two-way radios.
- Vessel officer and crew member positions where hearing protection is not required by NFPA or OSHA.
- Perfect for workboats, patrol boats, and fire boats.
- Advanced Phase Contouring Technology - Setcom-engineered audio technology prevents feedback that can be caused by an open microphone near a speaker. With Setcom's Phase Contouring technology, a user can place the microphone close to the speaker and will not hear any feedback.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs - Unlike wired or wireless headsets, the CommandCom's components are virtually maintenance free. No more charging batteries. No more broken cables. No more vessels taken out of service due to headsets needing repair.
- Occupant Detection - CommandCom is connected to the seat sensor and will only turn on when the user is seated thus eliminating extraneous noise in the vehicle when the seat is not occupied.
- Flexible Design - The CommandCom's master control component is completely interchangeable as a radio transmit or intercom-only position.
- Plug-and-Play Design - Allows for simple retrofitting of boats. Can be installed long after a boat leaves the shipyard.
- Setcom Backward Compatible - CommandCom will integrate with all
existing Setcom System 900 intercom systems.
- Bostrom Backward Compatible - CommandCom headrest will fit on
most existing Bostrom marine pilot seats.
- Clear Communications - Shielded cabling and high-quality noise
cancelling microphone ensure clear communications.
- Rugged - Designed with tough push-to-talk and volume controls for
demanding apparatus environments.
- Purchase with Confidence - Made in the U.S.A.
- Patent Pending
As a general rule, CommandCom should only be used in boats where the ambient noise level in the cabin is less than 85 dB in normal operation. If higher than 85 dB, vehicle occupants should wear noise reduction headsets. In all cases, the guidelines of OSHA for hearing protection should be followed and understood in depth before implementing CommandCom.