950 / 977 Intercom
The System 950 / 977 is the most advanced all-wired emergency vehicle communications system available today. It was developed and designed specifically for firefighters.
The System 977 has all of the System 950 features, but with additional ruggedness. All of its connections are waterproof and its enclosure is weatherproof.
- The modular system accommodates up to:
- 3 radios
- 10 firefighters
- 14 positions including 4 radio-transit positions
- The System provides full-duplex intercom among all crewmembers and radio push-to-talk capability from four positions.
- Sophisticated electronics ensure that only the keying operator's voice transmits over the radio. When a crewmember keys the radio, all other microphones are locked out of the radio transmit circuit. Intercom communication between other positions remains active during radio transmission.
- Plug and play components and the fewest components of any leading system make the System 950 easy to install, saving time and money.
- Repairable parts decrease the lifetime cost of ownership and fast repair turnaround decreases downtime.
Example Diagram: Click here
- Entertainment Audio Mute - Seamlessly listen to third-party audio devices connected to the System 950. When an incoming radio call is received, the entertainment audio is automatically muted so that the radio transmission can be clearly heard by all crewmembers.
- Advanced Electrical Noise Elimination - Public safety vehicles have numerous electrical systems which can cause significant noise issues for radio communication devices. The System 950 has electronic countermeasures to eliminate those potential issues and provide clear audio for crewmembers.
- Rugged Components - Setcom uses premium components on the System 950 to withstand the rigors of the fire service.
Should you require an all-wireless headset option, please see the LiberatorMAX page.
- Interconnect cables are terminated with watertight, quarter-turn twist-lock connectors with gold-plated contacts and O-ring seals, eliminating any soldering or crimping required to install or replace components.
- Interconnect cables incorporate a shield on the microphone line and on the overall cable to prevent RF and EM interference.
Should you require a combination wired / wireless headset option, please see the 950MAX page.
Common Public Safety Applications
The System 950 / 977 intercom is compatible with the following: