977 / 977W Intercom
Wireless Headset now Available
Cell Phone Integration now Available
The 977 has all of the System 950 features and reliability but with additional ruggedness. All of its connectors are waterproof and its enclosure is weatherproof.
- The System 977 is designed for industrial vehicles and modern marine vessels. The option to have a wireless module integrated internally in the System 977 housing makes the system highly versatile.
- The modular system accommodates up to:
- 3 radios
- 10 firefighters
- 14 positions including 4 radio-transit positions
- The System provides full-duplex intercom among all crewmembers and radio push-to-talk capability from four positions.
- Sophisticated electronics ensure that only the keying operator's voice transmits over the radio. When a crewmember keys the radio, all other microphones are locked out of the radio transmit circuit. Intercom communication between other positions remains active during radio transmission.
- Plug and play components and the fewest components of any leading system make the System 977 easy to install, saving time and money.
- Repairable parts decrease the lifetime cost of ownership and fast repair turnaround decreases downtime.
- Internal Wireless Module.
- With the option to have an internal wireless module included in the System 977, it is the easiest and fastest wireless system on the market to be installed and deployed. Learn more about Setcom's fire wireless capabilities.
- Within minutes, the vehicle's driver / operator, officer, or spotter, can be wireless and communicating with other crewmembers and the vehicle's radio up to 1,200 feet away. Internal wireless module is compatible with the Liberator wireless headset.
- Additional wireless headsets can be added to the System using Setcom's Liberator wireless headset kit.
- Entertainment Audio Mute - Seamlessly listen to third-party audio devices connected to the System 977. When an incoming radio call is received, the entertainment audio is automatically muted so that the radio transmission can be clearly heard by all crewmembers.
- Advanced Electrical Noise Elimination - Industrial vehicles have numerous electrical systems which can cause significant noise issues for radio communication devices. The System 977 has electronic countermeasures to eliminate those potential issues and provide clear audio for crewmembers.
Common Industrial Applications
- Interconnect cables are terminated with watertight, quarter-turn twist-lock connectors with gold-plated contacts and O-ring seals, eliminating any soldering or crimping required to install or replace components.
- Interconnect cables incorporate a shield on the microphone line and on the overall cable to prevent RF and EM interference.
- Radio transmit headsets can be used with a portable radio using an adapter cable (PRAC).
The System 977 intercom is compatible with the following: