Asphalt and Paving
Working on roads and freeways pose a great challenge in communicating clearly between others, especially with asphalt and concrete paving. Crew members are often on opposite sides of a work site, creating a need for crew communication to hear vital information while performing important tasks:
This risk combined with loud equipment sounds from the machine pavers, asphalt milling machines, and dump trucks pose an important question:
How do you protect your workers from the harmful noises while still allowing them to safely converse with each other? Setcom has a wireless solution that can make all this possible:
Benefits of the LiberatorMAX Wireless System
- Full Duplex Communications
- From the moment you turn on Setcom's LiberatorMAX wireless headset, you will experience full-duplex intercom functionality with no buttons to press.
- Whether you have a paving machine operator who is driving the asphalt paver to pour and distribute the asphalt onto the road or ground crew rakers shoveling to make sure the asphalt is being spread evenly, having easier conversations between all paving crew members makes it simpler to give directions or be heard.
- Prevent Hearing Loss
- Setcom's LiberatorMAX headsets will reduce ambient noise by 23 dB, protecting the crews' hearing during these high noise jobs. Keep in mind that unprotected exposure for long periods of time to loud machinery noise will lead to hearing loss.
- While the loud equipment is running, Setcom's headsets will also aid in keeping everyone safe.
- Make sure that the extreme noises from conveyor brooms, cold planers, screeds, soil stabilizers, and pavers do not cause long-term hearing damage to your workers.
- Hands-Free Operation
- Setcom's wireless headsets are designed for hands-free operation, so your crew can have maximum flexibility to safely keep their hands on manning the paving equipment and staying connected.
- There is no push-to-talk (PTT) button to push. This not only improves operational efficiency but also protects workers allowing them to fully focus on operating their heavy equipment and maintaining pavement material on the roads.
Setcom is dedicated to providing the most effective way to get your crews communicating efficiently and get the blacktop paving job done efficiently and within budget. Paving crews can safely understand each other without any miscommunication and be able to reduce the chance of injury in these noisy, high-impact environments.
Two or More People: LiberatorMAX. Setcom's most economical wireless solution for work teams of two people or more. Ideal system for a paving operator stationed on top of the paver to be able to communicate with the ground crew shoveling the pavement material down the road. LiberatorMAX is simple to use and requires no installation so it is up and running seconds after opening the box.