Wildland / Brush Truck Communications
A reliable communication system on a grass rig is absolutely critical to combat wildland fires. Setcom's wireless intercom solutions provide a fully customizable and effective way for the hose operator to communicate with the driver, as well as other firefighters on the scene. Whether you are operating a Type 3 apparatus with four firefighters or a Type 6 truck with two firefighters, Setcom has the perfect wireless intercom system for your urban interface vehicle.
For larger Type 3 wildland vehicles, Setcom's System 950 along with the Liberator Wireless Headset is the ideal system.
Wireless System 950 Select features:
Example System Diagram: Click here
- Modular system accommodates up to three radios and ten crewmembers.
- Repairable parts decrease the lifetime cost of ownership and fast repair turnaround decreases downtime.
- Interconnect cables incorporate a shield on the microphone line and on the overall cable to prevent RF and EM interference.
- "Instant On" - No need to turn the headset on and off. Advanced motion sensor technology has been integrated into the Liberator Headset. Headset shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity and will automatically turn back on when the user grabs the headset.
- Cell Phone Integration - Most Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones and other audio devices can be used directly with the Liberator Headset.
- Up to 30 hours of continuous talk time allows for more uses with fewer charges.
LiberatorMAX Intercom System
For more nimble Type 6 type brush trucks, Setcom's LiberatorMAX system is the most ideal product on the market. Absurdly easy to use, the LiberatorMAX multi-person wireless intercom is designed for a myriad of fire service applications, ranging from wildland fire apparatus, to aerials, ladders and even fire boats.
Typical use of the LiberatorMAX is to arrive at a fire scene and put the headsets on. Within seconds, the firefighters are able to communicate over the intercom and portable two-way radios. It is that simple. There is no need to sync a base station, or do any onsite installation.
Other Systems to Consider for Grass Rigs:
- Move system easily from one vehicle to another.
- Up to 1200 feet of range (line of sight). Typical range 300 feet.
- Full duplex intercom communications without any push-to-talk (PTT) required.
- "Instant On" - No need to turn the headset on and off. Advanced motion sensor technology has been integrated into the LiberatorMAX. Individual headsets shut off after 15 minutes of inactivity and automatically turn back on when the user picks up the headset.
- Ability to integrate portable radios into LiberatorMAX headsets, allows users to simultaneously communicate over the portable radio and intercom.
Other Apparatus Configurations:
- System 977: When fire department budgets are constrained, or ease of daily maintenance is a priority, the Setcom wired System 977 is a perfect solution. Weatherproof plug and play components make this one of the most cost effective systems in the field.
- System 1310: Perfect for large forestry fire divisions that require multiple radio channels for large wildland incidents.