Fire Engine / Pumper Communications
Communication is critical for firefighters operating a fire engine. The ability to discuss fireground strategies in the apparatus cab while en route to an incident is essential to effective operations. Setcom's systems work with a department's two-way radio systems to maintain transmissions with dispatch while engaging in a fire attack. Equipping the driver / pump operator with the LiberatorMAX headset provides the freedom to interact with the vehicle's intercom and radio systems without being tethered to the vehicle. The up-to-23dB noise reduction of the Setcom headset increases hearing protection, which allows for safe and reliable communications while the engineer is operating at the pump panel.
Setcom's LiberatorMAX Apparatus System is the leading system being installed in new fire engines today.
- Up to seven radio transmit and/or intercom positions.
- Range: Up to 1,500 feet (line of sight).
- Plug-n-play components.
- Full-duplex intercom communications.
- "Instant On" - No need to turn the headset on and off. Advanced motion sensor technology has been integrated into the Liberator Headset. Headset shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity and will automatically turn back on when the user grabs the headset.
- Repairable parts decrease the lifetime cost of ownership and fast repair turnaround decreases downtime.
- Portable Radio Integration - the Portable Radio Adapter Cable allows a firefighter to simultaneously communicate over 2 radio channels.
Check out Setcom's Hearing Protection White PaperOther Apparatus Configurations:
- Aerial Trucks
- Wildland / Brush Trucks
- Incident Command Vehicles
- EMS / Ambulance Vehicles
- Fire Boat
- ARFF Trucks