Fire Engine / Pumper Communications
Communication is critical for firefighters operating a fire engine. The ability to implement strategies in the apparatus cab while en route to an incident is essential to effective operations. Setcom's systems work with a department's two-way radio to maintain transmissions with mobile radio while engaging in a fire attack. Equipping the driver / pump operator with the Liberator wireless headset provides the freedom to interact with the vehicle's intercom system while utilizing the radio and without being tethered to the vehicle. The 23-24dB noise reduction of the Setcom headset increases hearing and allows for safe and reliable communications while the engineer is operating at the pump panel.
Setcom's System 950 along with the Liberator Wireless Headset is the leading system being installed in new fire engines today.
Wireless System 950 for Fire Apparatus Select features:
Example System Diagram for Fire Pumper Apparatus: Click here
- Modular system accommodates up to three radios and ten crewmembers.
- Repairable parts decrease the lifetime cost of ownership and fast repair turnaround decreases downtime.
- Interconnect cables incorporate a shield on the microphone line and on the overall cable to prevent RF and EM interference.
- "Instant On" - No need to turn the headset on and off. Advanced motion sensor technology has been integrated into the Liberator Headset. Headset shuts down after 15 minutes of inactivity and will automatically turn back on when the user grabs the headset.
- Cell Phone Integration - Most Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones and other audio devices can be used directly with the Liberator Headset.
- Up to 30 hours of continuous talk time allows for more uses with fewer charges.
- Portable Radio Integration - the PRAC allows the firefighter to simultaneously communicate over 2 radio channels.
Click here for Setcom's Hearing Protection White Paper
Other Systems to Consider for Fire Engines:
Other Apparatus Configurations:
- System 900SP: When fire department budgets are constrained, this single person system allows the pump panel operator to stay in constant communications with mobile dispatch.
- System 977: For rugged radio applications in fire apparatus.