||Setcom uses the highest quality speakers and microphones available to make its helmet kits. Kits are available for all helmet types: full face / modular / flip-up, three-quarter shell, and half shell.
- Speakers are specifically designed for radio traffic in the voice frequency range and are loud enough to be heard on a police motorcycle without distortion, even at highway speeds.
- Noise-canceling microphones dramatically reduce background noise, even in the most challenging environments.
- Microphone levels (amplified for mobile radio configurations and electret for portable radio configurations) provide a superior signal-to-noise ratio and clear voice transmission.
- Tight microphone output tolerances (+/- 2 decibels) create a simpler, cleaner installation, with no preamps to adjust. Tight tolerances also ensure consistent performance from helmet kit to helmet kit.
- A 6.3mm flexible boom-constructed using two counter-wound beryllium-alloy springs-resists work-hardening and fatigue.
- The microphone is injection molded onto the flexible boom using a polyolefin resin making it waterproof and extremely reliable, even in severe climates.
- Setcom helmet kits are compatible with most police motorcycle helmets including Bell, Super Seer, Shoei, Nolan, and HJC.