Train and Railroad
There's nothing quite as nerve-racking for railroad workers than trying to find a way to stay in constant contact with each other to ensure that trains are up and running safely and properly. An integral part of this work is having the ability to communicate effectively with other team members. Setcom's wireless headset communication systems are exactly what rail yard crews need for safe, effective and increased communication.
Make Team Communications Exceptional with Setcom
Increase Safety and Hearing Protection
- No Costly, Time-Consuming Base Station Required. Crews don't have to worry about installing a base or lugging any type of module around. Setcom's LiberatorMAX wireless intercom system is easy to use and can be instantly deployed out of the box to get your rail yard crew connected in seconds.
- Reliable in the Toughest Conditions. Setcom's headset equipment has the kind of longevity needed in rugged, demanding environments. Our heavy-duty headsets are designed to last through the toughest train and rail yard conditions, whether a receiving yard, maintenance yard, coach yard or switching yard.
- Full Duplex Communications. Half-duplex and two-way radio communications make it much more difficult to have a flow in conversation. With Setcom's LiberatorMAX wireless, full-duplex headset communications system, you can simultaneously talk with other members and be heard which increases communications and reduces the risk of any warning signs and directions being missed by the crew.
- Prevent Traffic Hazards. Working outside on the train tracks present many hazardous risks. The advantage with real-time information amid rail traffic makes a huge impact on the crew's safety. If your yard crew is busy moving around adjusting and examining the tracks, reliable communication in the event there are critical directions or warnings.
- Protect Against Harmful Noise. Think about all the harmful exposure to noise yardmasters and rail yard workers experience being out on the rails all day. Setcom's headsets will reduce dangerous ambient noise by 23 dB, protecting the crews' hearing during these high noise jobs.
- Work Safely on Train Tracks. Railroad workers spend long hours decoupling railcars and unloading parts in train yards. Setcom's systems allow hands free, full-duplex communication that let your crews keep their hands on the important parts of the train such as handling the draw hooks or train pins plus allow easy communications with the entire crew.
Two or more People: LiberatorMAX: Setcom's inexpensive wireless solution is perfect for work teams of two or more people. It is an ideal system for a yardmaster on the train tracks to be able to effectively give directions and warnings to a railroad worker who is on the other side of the site. LiberatorMAX is simple to use and requires no installation so it is up and running seconds after opening the box.
Fixed Mobile Radio: System 977 Wireless Intercom. Many advanced features for multiple crew communication situations requiring integration into an installed vehicle radio.