Train and RailroadThere's nothing quite as nerve-racking for railroad workers than trying to find a way to stay in constant contact with each other to ensure that trains are up and running safely and properly. An integral part of this work is having the ability to communicate effectively with other team members. Setcom's wireless headset communication systems are exactly what rail yard crews need for safe, effective and increased communication.
Make Team Communications Exceptional with Setcom
- No Costly, Time-Consuming Base Station Required. Crews don't have to worry about installing a base or lugging any type of module around. Setcom's LiberatorMAX wireless intercom system is easy to use and can be instantly deployed out of the box to get your rail yard crew connected in seconds.
- Reliable in the Toughest Conditions. Setcom's headset equipment has longevity needed in rugged, demanding environments. Our heavy-duty headsets are designed to last through the toughest train and rail yard conditions, whether a receiving yard, maintenance yard, coach yard or switching yard.
- Full-Duplex Communications. Half-duplex and traditional two-way radio communications make it much more difficult to have a reliable conversation. With Setcom's LiberatorMAX wireless, full-duplex headset communications system, you can simultaneously talk with other team members and be heard. This increases communications and reduces the risk of any directions being missed by the rail crew.
Increase Safety and Hearing Protection
- Prevent Traffic Hazards. Working on train tracks present many hazardous risks. The advantage of real-time communication amid rail traffic makes a huge impact on the crew's safety. If your yard crew is busy adjusting and examining tracks, reliable communication is urgently needed.
- Protect Worker's Hearing. Think about all the harmful exposure to noise yardmasters and rail yard workers experience being out on the rails all day. Setcom's headsets will reduce dangerous ambient noise by up to 23 dB, protecting the rail crews' hearing during these high noise jobs.
- Work Safely on Train Tracks. Crews spend long hours decoupling railcars, unloading parts in train yards and maintaining miles of tracks. Setcom's systems allow hands free, full-duplex communication that allow your crews keep their hands on the important parts of the train such as handling the draw hooks or train pins.
Recommended SystemsTwo or more People: LiberatorMAX: Setcom's affordable wireless solution is perfect for work teams of two or more people. It is an ideal system for a yardmaster on the train tracks to be able to effectively give directions and warnings to a railroad worker who is on the other side of the site. LiberatorMAX is simple to use and requires no installation so it is up and running seconds after opening the box.
Fixed Mobile Radio: LiberatorMAX Vehicle Intercom System. Many advanced features for multiple crew communication situations requiring integration into an installed vehicle radio. This system features the easiest installation on the market today. It requires only one base station to instantly connect up to seven wireless headsets.